Stewart School

Stewart School

Stewart School, Cuttack has its tell-tale glorious past, soaked in legend. Stewart School, Cuttack was founded in 1882 by the enterprise and generosity of Dr. William Day Stewart, a Civil Surgeon based at Cuttack. In 1910, the school was recognized as a Higher Elementary School by the Inspector of European Schools, Bihar and Orissa. The name of the school was altered to Stewart School, Cuttack, to perpetuate the name of its Founder, Dr. Stewart. In the year 1924 the school was confirmed in the status of Junior Secondary School and the Cambridge Syndicate sanctioned the opening of a centre for Cambridge Examinations in the school. In the year 1974, the school was affiliated to CISCE, New Delhi. Stewart School, Cuttack is an Ango-Indian School and its Principal is the State’s only Non-official representative on the Inter-State Board for Ango-Indian Education.

Showing all 13 results